Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Burleigh County Sheriff's Department is looking for the finest and brightest individuals to join their ranks - individuals who exhibit the aptitude and sense of commitment to want to help their community and make a difference. Burleigh County Sheriff's Department is dedicated to serving the citizens of its communities with integrity, professionalism, leadership and loyalty.
In this challenging position you will responsible for prevention and detection of crime; the protection of life and property; and routine tasks in accordance with rules and regulations, under supervision of the Sheriff and immediate supervision of a superior deputy. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Burleigh County offers its employees competitive wages and excellent benefits with 95% of health insurance premiums and 15.26% NDPERS retirement paid by the County.
• Requires an associate’s degree (or 60 semester hours of college credit) with a GPA of 2.0 or better from an accredited college or university validated by transcripts;
• OR three (3) years of full time continuous active duty military experience;
• OR three (3) years of experience as a law enforcement officer;
• OR three (3) years of experience as a detention officer with Burleigh Morton County Detention Center;
• OR four (4) years of service with state National Guard.
• Must possess valid driver’s license.
• Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, required to pass a physical and psychological exam, drug screen, and standard background and criminal record checks to determine knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform Deputy Sheriff duties and responsibilities.