3901 N Louise Ave
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 380,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
• Free and discounted Midco services
• Tuition reimbursement
• Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
• Employee referral program
• Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Responsible for developing new digital revenue platforms and business opportunities. Oversee development of new online projects from conception to launch. Oversee current digital platforms and digital business relationships.
• Understand current technology, digital trends and market demands.
• Develop and cultivate advanced digital sales options to generate new revenue opportunities and retain existing customers.
• Work collaboratively across departments to develop transactional workflow, analytics and processes from development to roll out.
• Assist in developing training modules as needed.
• Able to translate and mediate between consumer needs and technical teams with ability to translate Midco’s needs for new products and revenue lines.
• Hold a combination of technical and business strategy skills to support online properties.
• Measure and report results; produce accurate and timely reports and analysis, and interpret competitive information for strategic planning.
• Manage the lifecycle of digital product lines in alignment with customer experience expectations and company Key Performance Indicators.
• Serve as a representative of Midco while building relationships with industry leaders, businesses and institutions.
• Build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with potential and existing clients, within your department, and within the community.
• Develop short and long-term objectives and targets.
• Participate in and coordinate the Sales Team’s digital projects.
• Assist Advertising team to achieve or exceed defined sales goals.
• Develop and deliver professional sales presentations as needed.
• Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Computer Science related field preferred.
• Previous experience 5-7 years in related digital platform.
• Possess strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills.
• Experience with Windows based programs and the Microsoft Office suite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
• Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco will not discriminate against applicants because of: race, color, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, members or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or age.