3901 N Louise Ave
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 380,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
• Free and discounted Midco services
• Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
• Employee referral program
• Wellness programs
Locate existing underground cable and identify locations for bury drops.
• Locate and mark underground wire, lines, and cable; identify and mark locations of new cable to be dropped and buried underground.
• Retain knowledge of procedures and equipment required to locate existing underground cable.
• Possess proficiency in the operation of locate and bury drop equipment.
• Locate and mark existing underground radio frequency cable, fiber optic and distribution lines, etc.
• Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
• Maintain records, including daily logs and gas sheets.
• Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation.
• Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
• Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mentor new hires as required.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
• All employees are required to actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
• Previous electronics or telecommunications experience is preferred.
• Maintain a current and valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record. A DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you from employment in this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation and vibration.
• Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
• Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V
Please apply online at: www.midcocareers.com