Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for pre-engineering, project coordination, inspection and related design, economic justification & installation of gas distribution and other construction related activities. Responsible for facilitating and coordinating the construction of new and existing facilities with internal and external customers.
Level I: Must possess a working knowledge of gas utility operations at a level normally acquired through a two-year degree with strong technical emphasis or related experience, including a minimum of two years’ experience in the construction or maintenance of related facilities. Ability to work with potential customers and outside entities, including municipalities and utilities.
Level II: Must meet Level I requirements and must have four years’ experience as an Engineer Associate. Employee’s job assignment/location must require demonstration of skills, knowledge and ability to recognize matters needing attention and to initiate action on that recognition. Must have excellent working knowledge of company practices & procedures as well as state and federal requirements and understand policies, practices and precedents to exercise sound judgment in handling or referring non-routine situations.
Level III: Must meet Level I & Level II requirements and must possess a working knowledge of gas operations normally acquired through a four-year degree in engineering or a business related discipline or eight years of related work experience; and two years’ experience in the construction or maintenance of gas facilities. Provides operations direction and expertise as needed within the District/Region.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm and prioritize work during stressful situations.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple groups on a project.
• Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and Mobile applications.
• May be subject to on-call requirements on a rotating basis.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• May be subject to substance abuse testing program.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• As required by ND state law, applicants are hereby notified that smoking is prohibited in and around MDU facilities and permissible only in designated areas.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com or fax completed application to 701-222-7821.