Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for project coordination, inspection and related design, economic justification and installation of electric distribution and electric transmission systems and other construction related activities. Responsible for facilitating and coordinating the construction of new and existing facilities with internal and external customers.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to remain calm and prioritize work during stressful situations
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple groups on a project
• Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and Mobile applications
• Electric line work experience
• Strong leadership skills
• Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Communicates clearly and concisely
• Subject to on-call requirements on a rotating basis
• May be subject to substance abuse testing program
• May be required to submit to periodic background checks if position requires access to security sensitive business locations and/or systems
• Required to maintain a valid driver's license
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• As required by ND state law, applicants are hereby notified that smoking is prohibited in and around MDU facilities and permissible only in designated areas.
Level I: Must possess a working knowledge of electric utility operations at a level normally acquired through a two-year degree with strong technical emphasis or related experience, including a minimum of two years’ experience in the construction or maintenance of related facilities. Ability to work with potential customers and outside entities, including municipalities and utilities.
Level II: Must meet Level I requirements and must have four years’ experience as an Engineer Associate. Employee’s job assignment/location must require demonstration of skills, knowledge and ability to recognize matters needing attention and to initiate action on that recognition. Must have excellent working knowledge of company practices, procedures as well as state and federal requirements and understand policies, practices and precedents to exercise sound judgment in handling or referring non-routine situations.
Level III: Must meet Level I & Level II requirements and must possess a working knowledge of electric operations normally acquired through eight years of related work experience or a four-year degree in engineering or a business-related discipline and two years of experience in the construction or maintenance of electric facilities. Provides operations direction and expertise as needed within the District/Region.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com or fax completed application to 701-222-7821.