Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Safely performs all duties required to operate and maintain electric and gas distribution systems. Responds to emergencies, scheduled and unscheduled overtime, after hour calls, and customer complaints. Nothing in this job summary restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualified Serviceman Technician with lineworker experience and knowledge of electronic diagnostic processes at a level normally acquired through completion of post-secondary vocational training. Highly motivated self-starter with excellent written/oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to exceed the needs of the customer and grow the Company’s lines of business.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ensures complete coverage within their district, represents the company, and takes an active role in community affairs.
2. Promotes all products and services sold by the Company.
3. Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned.
• Must be legally authorized to work in United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to Pre-employment Drug Testing Policy and Background Check.
• Must successfully complete the applicable Apprenticeship Training Program.
• As required by ND state law, applicants are hereby notified that smoking is prohibited in and around MDU facilities and permissible only in designated areas.
High school education with vocational training or lineworker certification, or equivalent work experience acceptable to the Company. Requires a strong mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills, knowledge of electrical schematics, and the ability to work independently. Possess or acquire a valid commercial motor vehicle driver’s license appropriate for the position. (NOTE: Must be 21 to acquire a CDL valid for interstate travel.) Possess or acquire a valid Crane Operators Certification as required for this position. Must be able to perform all the essential functions required of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com or fax completed application to 701-222-7821.