Houston Engineering, Inc.
1401 21st Ave. N Fargo, ND 58102
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
Civil Engineering Technician
As a Technician at Houston Engineering Inc. (HEI) you will get the chance to work on a wide variety of projects throughout a multi-state area. This role will have a mixture of office and field work for someone who enjoys collaborating with a team and being out enjoying one the many seasons the Midwest has to offer!
HEI is a full service civil engineering, surveying, environmental and technology solutions consulting firm with multiple locations. Having been in business for nearly 50 years, we have provided outstanding client service and effectively managed our business strategy resulting in sustained growth for the organization.
In this role, likely project areas include civil engineering projects, water resources studies, public drainage system repairs, hydrologic modeling and storm water planning. Candidate must be willing to travel throughout the state/region for project meetings, project management related activities and construction observation.
• Reviews project specifications and confers with Civil Engineers regarding plan preparation, acceptance testing, design changes, evaluation of field conditions, and reports
• Use CAD software and equipment to prepare and revise technical drawings using company established standard procedures
• Inspects construction site to determine conformance of design plan and material specifications.
• Monitors the performance of contractors on site.
• Communicate with landowners, clients, contractors, and general public
• Prepare reports and document project activities and data
• Gather materials to be used at the job site and take samples of concrete, asphalt, structural iron, etc.
• AAS Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Land Surveying with a minimum of 5 years of related experience
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Trimble office software experience preferred
• Valid Driver's License required and good driving record
• Extensive travel in ND, SD, MN and MT so candidate can reside almost anywhere
• Required to work in an outdoor environment seasonally
• Must be detail oriented and organized
• Above average math skills as they relate to engineering applications
Benefits of Joining HEI
HEI is a full service civil engineering, surveying, environmental and technology solutions consulting firm that will give you an opportunity to grow and develop through cross office work sharing with multiple experienced staff members through various service sectors. In time, you will see that we pride ourselves on our commitment to meeting our client needs by providing innovative solutions. As part of our talented staff, you will enjoy competitive pay, annual bonuses, paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, PTO, paid holidays, generous pension generous 401(k) and profit sharing plans with potential company contributions totaling up to 15% of annual salary. Come join our “happy place” and see why HEI has been selected as one of Prairie Business Magazine 50 best places to work in the northern Great Plains for four years in a row!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To apply, go to: http://www.houstoneng.com/careers