North Dakota Court System
600 E. Boulevard Ave., Mail Stop 180
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
$3,745 monthly; plus excellent benefits package including employer paid family health insurance premiums, retirement contributions and generous vacation and sick leave accruals.
The ideal candidate for the Account Technician position is someone who is organized, dependable and detail orientated. Responsibilities include maintaining financial and payroll records, so attention to detail and accuracy is a requirement. Someone who enjoys working with other people and has a positive attitude is a plus.
The Account Technician is responsible for a variety of accounting and clerical tasks involved in maintaining journals, ledgers and other financial and personnel records.
1. Verifies invoices, travel vouchers and requests for payment, prepares abstracts for payment and distributes checks to payees. Classifies disbursements, posts charges to accounts and maintains accounts payable and journal records.
2. Organizes, maintains and disburses monthly accounting reports. Identifies, researches and resolves accounting discrepancies. Develops, prepares and analyzes budget-related reports and supporting accounting reports. Assists in the preparation of budget documents. Assists in organizing data for federal grant reports.
3. Develops and maintains official personnel records. Prepares and processes payroll. Processes vacation and sick leave and maintains balances. Processes payroll-related direct deposit payments. Reconciles monthly deductions by category and verifies insurance and other benefit payments. Maintains records and balances of retirement paid to retired judges. Develops and maintains database information related to personnel and payroll.
4. Provides benefits information to employees. Provides orientation to new employees on benefits policies. Serves as liaison between insurers and employees.
5. Verifies and processes interdepartmental billings and requests payment from OMB. Verifies on-line deposits of funds to State Treasurer.
6. Maintains inventory of supplies, materials, and fixed assets of the supreme and district courts. Reviews and processes purchase requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, furniture and equipment needs. Reviews and submits jobs requiring production for inventory reports. Assists with year-end inventory management. Manages surplus property and equipment.
7. Drafts correspondence and assists with telephone inquiries from district court personnel.
8. Coordinates installation of telephone system and data cables and repair of telephone system within the supreme court.
9. Maintains information on state vehicles in district offices, including mileage, new vehicles and maintenance. Submits billings to the motor pool. Schedules defensive driving training for all personnel driving state vehicles.
10. Performs other duties of a comparable level or type.
Requires a high school diploma and two years of accounting experience or related job experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the work.
Applications must be submitted online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ndcourts. Any form of paper or other electronic application will not be accepted.
The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
Applicants who are eligible to claim veteran's preference must include a copy of their DD Form 214. Claims for disabled veteran's preference must also include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran's Affairs Office.
Persons needing accommodation or assistance in the application process may call Human Resources at (701) 328-4216.