Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Directs work, performs tasks, and assists in the operation, maintenance, and construction of gas distribution systems. Responds to emergencies, scheduled and unscheduled overtime, after hour calls, and resolves customer complaints. Nothing in this job summary restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualified in the operation, maintenance, and construction of a gas distribution system. Qualified welder with knowledge of the A.P.I. 1104. Proficient in hydraulics operation and maintenance. Proficient in the use of equipment such as a CGI, four gas monitor, Mueller stopping and tapping equipment, fusion tools, power operated construction equipment and hand tools. Highly motivated self-starter with excellent written/oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with proven supervisory abilities. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to exceed the needs of the customer and grow the Company’s regulated and non-regulated businesses.
Essential Job Functions
1. Organizes work assignments and assists in the training of subordinates to ensure work is efficiently and safely completed.
2. Promotes all products and services sold by the Company.
3. Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned.
High school education and two years of construction experience or equivalent field experience acceptable to the Company. Proficient in the operation of gas construction equipment, including the ability to obtain welding, plastic fusion, and SCBA certification. Requires a strong mechanical aptitude, leadership skills, and troubleshooting abilities. Possess or acquire a valid commercial motor vehicle driver’s license appropriate for the position. (NOTE: Must be 21 to acquire a CDL valid for interstate travel.) Possess or acquire a valid Crane Operators Certification as required for this position. Must be able to perform all the essential functions required of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• As required by ND state law, applicants are hereby notified that smoking is prohibited in and around MDU facilities and permissible only in designated areas.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com or fax completed application to 701-222-7821.