Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Monitors Company operations and maintenance records to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and company policies to ensure safe and reliable system operation. Assists with development of standardized audit process and coordination of all state and federal audits in the assigned work territory pertaining to procedures, policies, system design, integrity management, construction and maintenance, as well as program audits i.e. DIMP/TIMP and Public Awareness. This position will also aid in State and Federal data requests, as well as responses to audit/inspection findings.
• Four or more years of quality control and/or compliance experience in Utility operations.
• Prior experience with inspecting, evaluating, and communicating changes to operational practices
• Prior experience with work management software
Key Skills & Competencies
• Systematic and observant with high ethical standards and strong attention to detail
• Decisive, flexible and curious
• Strong oral and written communication and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and assignments concurrently
• Proficient in the operation and use of personal computers and commercially available software
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Frequent overnight travel required.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• As required by ND state law, applicants are hereby notified that smoking is prohibited in and around MDU facilities and permissible only in designated areas.
• Must possess analytical skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a four-year degree in a legal, business engineering or related discipline.
• Five years’ experience working with gas distribution and transmission standards, systems, or equivalent experience.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com or fax completed application & resume to 701-222-7821.