Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for the preparation and project coordination of engineering designs, economic justification, and installation of gas distribution systems and specifications for various projects using standard engineering methods. Effectively works and interacts with regional and field operations. Performs studies and related activities. Provides support to engineering staff as needed.
Level I Applies basic engineering techniques for entry-level assignments with review and guidance from a higher level.
Level II Applies standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems; moderate guidance and direction is provided, and work is normally reviewed from a high level.
Level III: Applies a broad range of engineering skills and techniques, leads projects, and provides direction to lower level engineers.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, or Civil). Additionally, Level II requires two years related work experience. Level III requires five years related work experience.
• Requires moderate travel within service territory.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• As required by ND state law, applicants are hereby notified that smoking is prohibited in and around MDU facilities and permissible only in designated areas.
• Prior engineering experience in natural gas utility.
• Training and proficiency in business application software such as Synergi Gas Modeling, CAD, surveying principles, and J.D. Edwards.
• Professional Engineering (P.E.) designation.
• EIT (Engineering in Training) Certificate
Key Skills & Competencies
• Ability to apply engineering principles to the development and design of a natural gas system.
• Strong analytical; able to manage multiple priorities, effectively manage projects and leads teams.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate, correspond and interact with senior staff/management and field personnel.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated to be able to take the initiative to perform tasks to enhance department productivity.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to provide effective and timely information.
• Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers including Microsoft applications.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com or fax completed application to 701-222-7821.