North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Under the direction of the head coach, the assistant coach will assist the head coach with the coordination, guidance, direction and supervision of a nationally competitive softball program with emphasis on academic and athletic excellence. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to coaching student-athletes, on/off-campus recruiting; assisting with practice and conditioning activities, film breakdown, scouting and recruiting, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, game management, camp coordination, compliance, participation in clinics and summer camps; and professional expectations.
• formal letter of application (cover letter)
• names and telephone numbers of three professional references in a separate document attached as “Other Document 1”.
NOTE: Pending an employment offer, official transcripts may be required.
Screening will begin 8/2/18
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong background in skill analysis and techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
• Commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.
• Experience in motivating players to achieve maximum levels of performance.
• Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, colleagues and the public.
• Evidence of strong organizational skills.
• Demonstration of effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Two years coaching or playing experience at the D-I level.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully train athletes’ individual skill development.
• Proven competitive success coaching, recruiting or as an athlete at a competitive NCAA program.
• Experience in conducting camps and clinics.
• Specialized knowledge and use of technology and video to enhance player development and team performance.
• Experience in coaching pitching or infield and base running.
• Recruitment of student-athletes who can compete successfully on a level consistent with program expectations.