West Fargo Public Schools
207 West Main Avenue, West Fargo, ND 58078
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
West Fargo, ND
The Program Supervisor provides direct leadership and supervision of all pool programs and services, including supervision of all lifeguards, swim instructors and other aquatic staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
· Maintains a high quality facility staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, scheduling, supervising and evaluating all lifeguards and instructors.
· Ensures that sufficient safeguards are implemented in the selection process by performing background checks on all prospective employees.
· Helps employees achieve goals and objectives by providing valuable, timely performance feedback through the supervisory and evaluative processes.
· Maintains a comprehensive program of safety certifications for all pool employees, including, but not limited to Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid Instruction Classes.
· Keeps staff apprised of current issues through ongoing training sessions (minimum of 4 hours each month)
· Ensures smooth flow of communications among staff members through regular staff meetings.
· Projects a professional image through appropriate dress and professional conduct at all times.
· Assists the Director of Aquatics with internal and external promotional and marketing programs for the pool facility by disseminating information to media, schools and patrons regarding lessons and registration, open swim, season passes, rentals and special events.
· Ensures optimum utilization of the facility through efficient scheduling of pool events, including lessons, open swim, rentals, swim meets and other special events.
· Maintains accurate records of the financial aspects of pool operations by making timely bank deposits and submitting daily financial reports to the district business office in a specified format.
· Meets all Red Cross requirements by keeping current on all new materials, techniques, required certifications.
· Schedule Pools to ensure optimal pool program usage.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification.
Current certification in CPR and First Aid.
Current Lifeguard Instructor.
Current Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator.
Demonstrated experience and ability in all facets of facilities management
Current Water Safety Instructor Trainer (preferred)
Phone (701) 356-7630