North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
The Department of Pharmacy Practice at the North Dakota State University School of Pharmacy is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Practice. Also, the individual will serve as a clinical pharmacy specialist (internal medicine, ambulatory care or oncology) at the Veterans Administration Health Care System (VAHCS) in Fargo, ND. Individuals with specialty training and/or experience in oncology pharmacy are of particular interest.
The individual will be responsible for coordinating and teaching within the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) didactic curriculum in the pharmacotherapy course dealing with hematology (1cr), and oncology (2 cr). Other teaching will be in other areas of pharmacotherapy and/or inteprofessional education. The individual will provide clinical pharmacy services, and will precept Pharm.D. students during Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences at the Fargo VAHCS in an ambulatory or inpatient setting. Additionally, the individual is expected to perform research/scholarship, as well as service to the School/College/University.
Screening of applications will begin 8/20/18. The anticipated start date is September/December 2018. Applicants should submit a letter of interest which contains statements of career goals, immediate and long-term teaching interests, and research
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
• Pharm.D. degree from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy
• Completed a PGY1 ASHP-accredited residency, or have accumulated at least three years of clinical pharmacy practice experience
• Eligible for pharmacist licensure in North Dakota
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
• Eligible for providing service at the Veterans Administration Health Care System (VAHCS), Fargo
• Completed/completing a PGY1 ASHP-accredited residency with oncology rotation(s)
• Completed/completing a PGY2 ASHP-accredited residency
• Accumulated 1 or more years of experience in oncology clinical pharmacy practice
• Teaching experience in pharmacy or medical programs
• Precepting experience in pharmacy or medical programs
• Board Certified Oncology Specialist, Pharmacotherapy Specialist and/or Ambulatory Care Specialist
• Research/scholarship experience
• Demonstration of self-development
• Previous VAHCS experience