124 N. 3rf St. Grand Forks, ND 58203
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Open to consider any JLG office location
Your favorite book is an instruction manual. You can name the American Concrete Institute reference standards for hot weather and cold weather concreting. CCCC – Clear, Concise, Complete Correct – is your middle name.
You want to work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking an Assistant Specifications Writer / Quality Assurer. Not just any Assistant Spec Writer, mind you. A JLG Assistant Spec Writer:
- Works well with others. You have a deep understanding of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material applications, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness to serve as the technical liaison to project teams throughout all phases of project design.
- Has beyond-excellent time management skills. You can conduct a full review of code and project documentation within 8-16 hours (depending on the scale), and does whatever it takes to produce results within a deadline.
- Acts as the JLG Spec Writer’s right-hand man/woman. You are knowledgeable, trustworthy, and detailed enough to produce draft specifications that require minimum alterations or redlines.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You are a professional. You hold an Architectural Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or have the equivalent in education and experience. If possible, you are proficient in BSD SpecLink and hold a professional architectural registration.
- You are experienced. You have 2-5 years of experience in Building Technology, Code Knowledge, and Product Research and Specification.
- You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Inc. Magazine’s Best Place to Work. MSN Money’s Top 50 Most Admired U.S. Companies. The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Top 25 Architecture Firms in the Twin Cities. PSMJ Circle of Excellence. Architectural Record Top Architecture Firms. ENR Top 500 Firm. The Zweig Group Top 25 Hot Firm. Grow Grand Best Firm for Young Professionals.
Oh, and we have a couple of design awards, too – somewhere in the area of 100.
For 29 years, JLG Architects has helped our clients work leaner, cleaner, and better. We create comfortable, inviting, exciting environments that raise productivity and lower sick days.
We find unique high performance opportunities to reduce – and sometimes even eliminate – operations costs. We stay on budget, period.
We understand that architecture is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we want to make the most of it. We work hard, and we love what we do.
Nothing makes us more proud than the success of our clients. We make the design and construction process easy so they can focus on being the best in their respective industries.
We have 100 professionals in twelve offices across the Midwest because we want to be a part of the communities where we work and live every day.
More importantly, our employees are what make us JLG. They are the brains behind our award-winning designs, the heart of our corporate family, and the reason we have been named a Best Place to Work firm, both for professionals and early career adults.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is a part of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
To find out more, please visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."