PO Box 6150, Dept 3140
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
This position involves conducting routine tests to evaluate grain, milling and baking qualities of hard wheat (mainly red spring wheat). Duties include conducting tests and compiling data associated with evaluating hard spring/winter wheat samples for grain, milling and bread making qualities; and assisting in basic and applied research projects. The individual will be responsible for maintenance of laboratory and processing equipment including buhler mills, Quad mills, dough rheology equipment, kernel and flour quality testing equipment. Provide supervision to graduate and undergraduate student activities in the laboratory; help ensure a safe, clean working environment. This position will also involve preparing presentations and reports using Microsoft Office. Perform and supervise laboratory demonstrations for short courses, international trade teams and visitors.
• B.S. in food science, plant science or related discipline
• Proficient computer skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and perform repetitive tasks
• Ability to work as a team and independently with minimal supervision
• MS in Food/Cereal/Plant Science or related field
• Experience with statistical analysis
• Experience supervising workers
• Experience with grain quality analysis
• Experience with milling, baking and conducting routine tests for wheat/end use quality