North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The two appointments are nine (9) month, tenure-track positions at the level of assistant or associate professor, with primary emphasis in educational leadership. Responsibilities include: teaching and developing educational leadership courses; advising graduate students; supervising administrative practicum experiences; conducting research and scholarly activities; participating on committees at the unit, college, and university levels; and communicating with North Dakota educational associations, agencies, and PK-12 schools. The typical workload for tenure-track faculty in the School of Education is teaching (50%), research (40%), and service (10%).
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
• Earned doctorate (completed by the time of initial appointment) in Educational Leadership, Educational Administration, or a closely related field
• Demonstrated potential for teaching and research
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and collaborate with diverse colleagues, students, administrators, and the public
• Evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, access, and inclusiveness
• Evidence of effective oral and written communications skills
• Evidence of providing high quality instruction, advising, and mentoring at the graduate level
• Demonstrated capacity to develop or continue a research agenda in an area relevant to the program
• Experience as a PK-12 site-based school administrator and/or district/organizational level administrator in a PK-12 setting
• Experience working with university-school district/organizational partnerships
• Evidence of collaboration with individuals in other disciplines or work areas