PO Box 6150, Dept 3140
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Handle a substantial portfolio of technologies and intellectual property (IP) including chemistry and materials, engineering and computer science, and other technologies and be responsible for fully evaluating disclosed technologies for patent potential, marketing and licensing.
- Market the portfolio of new/existing and unlicensed inventions to industry, including preparing marketing materials, identifying industry clients and aggressively marketing to those clients.
- Draft and negotiate intellectual property agreements (licenses, options, some material transfer agreements, some confidentiality agreements), and other technology transfer related agreements.
- Manage, monitor and ensure compliance and maintain assigned portfolios.
- Assist NDSU Research Foundation Executive Director and NDSU Technology Transfer Director with technology transfer activities.
- Work as a team player with other staff, faculty, students, industry executives and other constituents.
• B.S. degree in Chemistry, Materials, Engineering or other technical field
• Five years of relevant technology based industry and/or university intellectual property and product development commercialization/licensing experience
• Excellent computer skills
• Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technology based, industry or other market, business or technical information effectively with faculty/inventors, industry, and patent and/or other counsel
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate in technology transfer, including marketing of technologies and negotiation of licenses
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member
• Advanced science degree and/or MBA
• Seven years of relevant experience in university-industry collaborations, technology transfer and licensing
• Knowledge and/or experience in intellectual property and patent prosecution
• Experience in research, market research, and product development
• Five years of relevant knowledge and/or experience in commercialization of emerging technologies or technology acquisition
• Patent agent experience