Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for gathering evidence, conducting more complex civil and criminal lawsuits, and presenting information in court to prosecute or defend actions.
• Advise law enforcement officers, prepare and present warrants, and hold probable cause hearings.
• Conduct legal research, prepare legal documents and opinions pertaining to assigned agency, and mentoring assistant state’s attorneys.
• Advise elected and appointed officials and county employees as to their legal rights, and represent agencies in court.
• Direct supervision of support staff along with other administrative duties in the absence of the State’s Attorney.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and license to practice law in the State of North Dakota, with three or more years of experience in criminal litigation preferred; five years’ experience in active law practice required.
• Requires a valid Class D North Dakota driver’s license, with a clean driving record.
• Must have reasonable interpersonal communication skills and be able to have a good working relationship with professional staff, law enforcement agencies, court staff, and the general public.