Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
• Collect and record all county revenues; prepare and balance daily receipts and deposits of funds, prepare listing of all checks and cash, and reconcile checking account(s) and periodic statements of bank accounts.
• Working with the Auditor/Treasurer and IT department to assess department needs, research recommend and coordinate the implementation of software applications and technology, including the coordination and development of data uploaded to the county’s internet transparency portal (website).
• Prepare needed data for annual audit, and maintain pledged securities and service mortgager files.
• Responsible for investment of county funds and purchase/sell investments according to County cash-flow needs and County investment policy.
• Periodically prepare a list of stale data checks and send notices to payees including responsibility for preparation and submission of Unclaimed Property Report(s).
• Assist and coordinate the development of the annual budget including calculation of: tax levies, and preparing assessment list/abstract and tax abstract by providing necessary financial statistics.
• Assist in review of warrants and orders for payment issued by the county to determine whether they are legal obligations of the County, have been properly budgeted, and do not represent overpayment to any payee or from any fund.
• Assist County Auditor/Treasurer in the official record keeping process including taking minutes of County Commission and other meetings.
• Supervise, train, monitor workload, evaluate performance, and provide assistance to staff in the department.
• Assist with elections
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or business administration, five years of experience in accounting including banking and investing funds, and two or more year’s supervisory experience, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of state and local laws governing the assessment and collection of real estate taxes.
• Knowledge of legal property descriptions and common property instruments such as warranty and quit claim deeds, and plats.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, and maintain effective working relationships with the public and other employees.
• Must be proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet PC software, MS Word and Excel preferred.