Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and enter payment of all accounts payable transactions in the accounting system; verifying correct coding for payment.
• Conduct internal audits of all purchase orders, phone bills, and credit card controls of all departments to assure accuracy for payment process.
• Develop, implement and maintain accounting and budgeting procedures to ensure that funds are obligated for authorized purposes on the county’s credit card system; audit invoices and billings for correct coding and validity.
• Process applications, requests and claims for individuals seeking information or help regarding the county’s credit card system; transfer information from the credit card system to the county’s accounting system.
• Monitor authorized credit card usage in all departments to assure posting, balancing and report preparation activities are performed in accordance with credit card usage policies and procedures.
• Serves as accounting representative, the level at which a set of records must not only balance within itself but multiple distributions of the same dollars are necessary; print and disburse checks for payments; assist with gathering budget and accounting-related data for budget development.
• Transfer information from source documents such as billings, invoices, reports and statements, to permanent records such as purchase orders, ledgers, budget reports and fee books.
• Receive and refer telephone calls, assist members of the public, verify deeds, collect tax payments, assist with election process, complete and process various applications and documents, and other general duties.
• Collect money, issue receipts, balance and reconcile accounts, maintain and disburse funds.
• Use word processing and spreadsheet software to accurately record transactions, transcribe minutes and reports, issue correspondence, maintain office records, and prepare vouchers, invoices, account statements, and reports.
• File, retrieve, interpret information, and prepare reports from records. Distribute reports to appropriate people.
• Associates degree with coursework in accounting, finance, or business, and four (4) years of accounting, bookkeeping, or budgeting experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be proficient with word processing and spreadsheet computer software, such as MSWord and MSExcel, and must possess excellent typing and data entry 10-key skills.
• Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, and standard background and criminal record checks to determine knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform Accounts Payable Technician duties and responsibilities.
• Must have knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, arithmetic, modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.