North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The College of Business at North Dakota State University seeks applications for two full-time (non-tenure track) positions of lecturer or assistant professor of practice in the areas of accounting, business law, information systems, finance, management, marketing, and/or transportation & logistics.
Teach undergraduate courses in multiple areas of business, including accounting, business law, information systems, finance, management, marketing, and/or transportation & logistics. For a lecturer, the normal teaching load is eight three-credit courses per academic year. For assistant professor of practice, the normal teaching load is six three-credit courses per academic year. The assistant professor of practice position also has expectations for academic research in a business field.
Screening will begin 2/19/19
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
- J.D., MBA, Master of Accountancy, PhD or other advanced degree in a business-related discipline.
- Meet faculty qualification standards for accreditation (NDSU College of Business Faculty Qualification Standards are available at https://www.ndsu.edu/business/about/aacsb/)
- Ability to teach in more than one business discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- For assistant professor of practice, a terminal degree or equivalent professional experience, and demonstrated professional or industrial/business experience.
- For assistant professor of practice, active research record and commitment to sustaining research
Record of quality teaching in a business field