4050 Garden View Dr, Suite 200
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
Grand Forks Fargo, Watford City, Bismarck, or Williston, ND
Senior Water Pipeline Design Engineer/Project Manager
The Sr. Pipeline Design Engineer/Project Manager will focus on various large diameter water transmission, distribution, and collection system projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall planning and design process for major, high profile projects, including those in urban, suburban, and rural areas.
North Dakota: Grand Forks, Fargo, Watford City, Bismarck, Williston
Utah: Lehi (Salt Lake City)
South Dakota: Rapid City, Sioux Falls
Minnesota: Maple Grove
Montana: Great Falls, Bozeman
* Design of major water system pipeline and pipeline facility projects with focus on large diameter pipelines of 60” and greater.
* Design of unconventional pipe installation, such as directional drilling, jack and bore, micro tunneling, etc.
* Plan and lead site visits, including the coordination of field investigation work for surveys, utility investigations, environmental delineations, geotechnical investigations, cathodic protection, etc. in support of the pipeline design effort.
* Serve as the technical expert for large diameter pipeline projects.
* Develop scope and fee estimates for projects, maintain budgets and schedules of project assignments, and provide technical direction of managed projects.
* Manage multi-disciplinary resources to deliver high quality projects that meet or exceed clients’ expectations.
* Mentor and provide leadership to less experienced staff.
* Write or oversee technical reports and specifications.
* Strive to be an industry leader on pipeline design practices and the direct impact on construction feasibility, site safety, and operations and maintenance requirements.
* Maintain existing client relationships and develop enhanced relationships with new clients.
* Identify, evaluate, pursue, and manage project opportunities.
* Provide quality control and quality assurance on assigned project work.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering
* 5+ years of large diameter pipeline design experience
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to travel as required for project/client responsibilities and business development
* Registration as a Professional Engineer or ability to obtain within 6 months
* 10+ years of large diameter pipeline design experience
* Ability to work collaboratively with others and lead teams
* Experience with oil and natural gas pipelines
AE2S is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer