Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide general clerical assistance to the staff including typing correspondence, filing, word processing, documentation of dispositions, fingerprint checks, and other information.
• Prepare legal documents and correspondence, including briefs, subpoenas, pleadings, motions and other legal documents including adult and juvenile cases.
• Process reports and citations, gather supporting documents, record dispositions, and assist attorneys as needed.
• Back-up for performing receptionist duties of answering phones, taking messages, processing incoming and outgoing mail, and assisting members of the public.
• Two years experience in performing legal office support; an associate’s degree with emphasis in the paralegal field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of appropriate legal terminology, legal forms, and legal files necessary.
• Requires a high degree of written and/or verbal communication skills dealing with employees, clients, or the general public, with the ability to handle multiple duties and priorities under limited supervision.