3901 N Louise Ave
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
• Free and discounted Midco services
• Tuition reimbursement
• Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
• Employee referral program
• Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Drive residential sales opportunities to provide individual consumers with basic services such as telephone, internet, home security and cable TV in a retail environment. Support customer service by assisting new and existing customers that walk-in.
• Identify individual customer current and potential product needs and make recommendations. Increase the customer understanding of Midco products and pricing options.
• Possess strong knowledge of product features, benefits, pricing, and campaigns for cable TV, high-speed internet, phone and home security in an effort to sell and upsell to new and existing customers in a retail environment.
• Build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with potential and existing customers within your department and community.
• Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customers and establish positive rapport.
• Meet or exceed defined sales goals (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.).
• Follow up with customers in a timely manner if necessary.
• Be patient and understanding in all customer interactions.
• Responsible for receiving payments and maintain the cash drawer.
• Clearly explain and demonstrate equipment connectivity and functionality.
• Verify the functionality of returned equipment.
• Meet ongoing sales training requirements.
• Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job within the described work environment.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as an effective team member to support customer experience while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required (some college preferred)
• Previous customer service/ sales experience in a retail environment preferred.
• Possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be asked to lift and/or carry loads of up to 50 lbs.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
• Employees may be required to stand in a retail environment for up to 8 hours a day.
• Employees may be required to work rotating shifts.
• Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.