Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF CYBERSECURITY
& INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, #00104225
OPENING DATE: 04/10/2019
CLOSING DATE: 04/29/2019
STARTING DATE: 08/19/2019
Nine month full-time special, non-tenure track position. Competitive salary based on experience and education. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsibilities include teaching cybersecurity and information technology related classes such as networking, operating systems, virtualization, and cloud computing, Other duties include student advising, record keeping, committee work, submitting grades by the established deadline, and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the Dean of Current and Emerging Technologies.
• Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, cybersecurity, computer science or related field with the ability to obtain a Master’s degree within six years (tuition assistance available).
• Three years non-teaching work-related experience.
• Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, etc., email and electronic calendar, and strong Internet familiarity.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively with students of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to articulate and support the community college philosophy with a strong commitment to teaching and learning in a community college setting.
• North Dakota State Board for Career and Technical Education (NDSBCTE) certification or the ability to obtain the certification within six years (training is provided). This certification requires a combination of education and work experience. More information on NDSBCTE certification can be found at: http://www.nd.gov/cte/teacher-cert/docs/PS_CertStandards.pdf.
• Master’s degree in computer information systems, cybersecurity, computer science or related field.
• Higher education teaching experience.
• Documented successful teaching experience in cybersecurity and/or information technology.
• Experience with non-traditional teaching methods such as facilitating group work, use of inquiry-based and other active learning pedagogies, and/or contextualized instruction.
• Experience with a variety of teaching resources, media and technologies, including computer-aided instruction and/or online instruction technologies.
• More than 3 years non-teaching work-related experience.
• Industry-related certifications.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
Completed applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on April 29, 2019.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.
Bismarck State College - Human Resources - 701-224-5531; 800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)