4050 Garden View Dr, Suite 200
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
AE2S Construction specializes in construction and program management, process piping, electrical and controls installations, and other related services. Our construction managers and superintendents, electrical engineers, master electricians, programmers, CADD, and other support professionals have experience in design/build/maintenance of pipeline systems and associated facility infrastructure, new installations of pad sites, and new construction or upgrades to salt water disposal facilities and freshwater depots. In addition, we provide a full range of electrical and controls services, including as-builts and other deliverables, electrical system installs, safety and security services, predictive maintenance analysis, energy savings services, lighting, instrumentation and controls, SCADA, and telemetry, among other things.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Plan!
?AE2S Construction offers more than just competitive compensation and a best-in-class insurance package to our employees and families; our benefit plan is one of the richest plans currently in the marketplace today!
• 100-percent paid Family Health Insurance
• 100-percent paid Employee Dental and Vision Insurance
• Discretionary Bonus Plan
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Matching 401(k) Contributions with Discretionary Profit Sharing Contributions
• Paid Time Off (PTO) Credits for Past Experience
• Wellness Program
The Controller is responsible for the supervision and direction of the accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll staff for AE2S Construction. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to: general ledger maintenance and reconciliation, preparation of financial statements, forecasting, budgeting, internal controls, audits, tax preparation, merger and acquisition activity, divesture activity, cash management, and debt management. Controller is also responsible to coordinate the transactional processing activities of the District/Division Project Coordinators with the District/Division Managers.
• Manage and control general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll including improving procedures within the department.
• Prepare monthly journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly and annual fiscal periods.
• Manage intercompany transactions to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Accounting Software Management
• Manage and update document recordkeeping and accounting systems using automated financial systems.
Management Reporting/Financial Analysis
• Ensure the timely preparation of the Company’s financial statements for the individual companies and the consolidated group.
• Support the CFO by gathering data and providing accurate financial statements and business information that analyzes business operations, trends, costs, opportunities, revenues, and expenses.
• Project, monitor, and manage cash flow to aid in maintaining the financial strength of the company.
• Prepare annual operating and capital budgets and performance projections in conjunction with the CFO.
• Process capital requests following the appropriate expenditure approval process.
• Maintain good internal controls to ensure that the company’s assets and financial records are safeguarded.
• Develop action plans relative to internal control needs to achieve operational efficiencies while maintaining a strong control environment.
• Prepare audit information and schedules and coordinate the audit completion with all external parties.
Policies and Procedures
• Design and review financial policies and procedures in conjunction with the CFO as they are affected by tax laws and accounting practices, as well as to achieve operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Ensure timely and proper preparation of all federal and state tax income returns as well as various state filings (sales, use, etc.) and property tax returns.
• Assist, as requested, in the due diligence and the implementation of mergers, acquisitions, and major business unit purchases.
• Assist, as requested, in the divestiture/shutdown of the Company’s assets.
• Maintain banking relationships with lending institutions in conjunction with the CFO and other Accounting Management.
• Monitor and coordinate efforts for the timely collection of outstanding customer accounts receivable balances.
• Monitor debt-to-equity ratio, in conjunction with CFO and other Accounting Management, to ensure the appropriate short and long-term debt covenant compliance.
Enterprise Vehicle Management
• Coordinate with others to help manage and support the Enterprise Vehicle Management program.
Insurance Claim Reporting
• Coordinate with others to help manage and support the timely reporting of all claims to our designated insurance broker.
• Work with other Company Management Team (General Manager, Division and District Managers, Safety Manager) to form a cohesive team focused on the overall management and success of the Company.
•Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited four-year college
•10 plus years of experience as a Controller in corporate accounting
•Excellent verbal and written skills
•Strong management and communication skills
•Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
•Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
•Experience in a construction environment
AE2S Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer