North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
A Post-Doc position in the fields of structural automation, data-driven based signal process/decomposition and classification, and data analytics is immediately available to work with Dr. Zhibin Lin in Civil and Environmental Engineering at the North Dakota State University, Fargo. The selected candidate is expected to be familiar with working with qualitative and quantitative sensory data; and participate in the development of big data analytics and apply them for information fusion of large-scale civil structures under uncertainty.
This is a one-year position with the possibility of extension for the following years depends on work performance and available funding. The position is immediately available with a flexible start date.
1) cover letter to describe applicant’s research experience and interests.
2) CV with a list of publications.
3) contact info of two references (name and email).
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
1. Ph.D. with a background in structural engineering or similar fields;
2. Coding experience in Python and Matlab
Effective oral and written communication skills
1. Strong research background in developing and applying signal process/decomposition and computation modeling for damage classification and information fusion, including knowledge of analyzing different sensory data collected from structural health monitoring systems;
2. Experience with the drone-based or remote sensing data fusion is a major plus;
3. Experience conducting original research and publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journals.