PO Box 6150, Dept 3140
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
The HIV/STI Outreach Coordinator will oversee a subcontract program through the North Dakota Department of Health that will provide education and feedback to healthcare providers and clinic staff about HIV/STI screening, treatment, and prevention.
This person will travel to 50 clinics throughout North Dakota each year and will coordinate all aspects of the project, including: working closely with the NDDoH to determine high priority clinic locations and schedule site visits, conduct educational site visits, and complete all reporting requirements. The project manager will also manage the project budget and timeline.
This is a full-time grant funded, 15-month position with potential to extend pending available grant funding.
- A Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of public health experience OR currently completing a master’s degree in public health or related field OR a master’s degree in public health or related field
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of public health practice
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks with competing internal/external deadlines, ability to organize project tasks to assure that deliverables are completed within designated time frames; ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated interest and/or strong understanding of public health issues
- Demonstrated professional aptitude and competency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, document preparation
- Must be able to work flexible and extended hours (significant travel throughout the state required, occasionally overnight)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, writing, statistical, and project management skills
- Valid driver’s license
- A Master’s degree in public health with an emphasis in infectious disease management or related field
- Work experience in a public health or educational setting
- Knowledge of HIV/STI screening, treatment, and prevention practices
- Skills that demonstrate expertise in HIV/STI screening, treatment and prevention and the understanding necessary to effectively communicate this knowledge