Valley City State University
101 College St SW; Valley City, ND 58072
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Valley City, ND
The Department of Computer Systems and Software Engineering at Valley City State University is seeking a full time, tenure-track or Special Appointment faculty position depending on qualifications.
The primary function is to teach computer information systems, Salesforce, and other CRM and ERP (SAP) courses in the undergraduate Computer Systems and Software Engineering programs. Flexible start date.
Other job duties may include:
• Create and maintain curriculum.
• Assist in recruiting & advising a diverse student population for the programs.
• Participate in assessment & planning related departmental programs, serve on committees, perform department & university activities, and provide service to the overall university and community.
• Advise student organizations. May include teaching online courses and/or departmental administrative duties.
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications, and typically ranges from $46,000 (Instructor) to $52,500 (Assistant Professor) annually. VCSU offers a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid full family health insurance coverage, as well as TIAA retirement, tuition assistance, and much more. For more information, visit our Employee Benefits page. This position is a 9-month, full-time position. In some cases, summer duties may be arranged through an additional contract.
Submit all required materials online, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), contact information for three references, and unofficial copies of your transcripts. Reference letters will be solicited automatically from the references you list via email, for finalists only. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that correct email addresses are submitted for each of the three required references. Deadline for full consideration is October 3, 2019.
University and Community:
Recognized as a “Best College” by U.S. News for the past 21 years, VCSU offers one of the best academic values in the Midwest. VCSU was founded as a teacher’s college in 1890, earning a prestigious reputation for producing some of the best educators in the area. Since then, VCSU’s undergraduate offerings have continued to grow and now include a range of programs. VCSU offers more than 80 undergraduate programs in art, business, communication arts, computer systems and software engineering, education, health and physical education, language and literature, mathematics, music, science, social science, and technology education. Online Master of Education and Masters of Arts in Teaching degree programs are also available.
The 55-acre campus, one of the most attractive in North Dakota, is bordered on the south by a forested hillside and on the north by the Sheyenne River. Campus architecture features a graceful blend of historic and modern buildings. The entire campus is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a Historic District. VCSU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), and the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The university is located in the southeastern part of the state in the city from which the institution takes its name. Valley City has a population of approximately 6,500 and is located 60 miles west of Fargo on Interstate 94, making the campus easily accessible both from the east and west. The location of the community lends itself to cultural and recreational activities, and the newly constructed Gaukler Wellness Center offers a variety of services to members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Valley City State University encourages applications from minorities, women, and disabled persons, and pledges not to discriminate with respect to color, nation of origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, status due to receipt of public assistance, or disability as specified in Federal Regulations. Preference will be given to candidates able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran's Preference procedure.
• Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or related field.
• Expertise in Salesforce, or agreement to complete training to qualify as a Salesforce instructor
• Excellent communication skills and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work with others in a collegial and collaborative manner
• Masters Degree in Information Systems or related field.
• Doctorate in Information Systems or related field.
• Teaching and/or training experience, relevant work experience, and involvement in professional organizations.
• Background in instructional technologies and course development.
• Demonstrated skills using technology and flipped classroom concepts.
• Consideration will be given to specialized fields and/or industry trends such as ERP Systems (SAP), Security, CRM (in addition to SalesForce), programing languages (Gaming), etc.
Direct inquiries about the position to Search Committee Chair, Sue Pfeifer. Email: email@example.com. For accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the status of your application or reference letters, please email email@example.com.