3901 N Louise Ave
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
• Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
• Tuition reimbursement
• Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
• Employee referral program
• Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
*** This position can be located in either Bismarck or Minot, ND ***
The MDU Account Executive-Advanced role is responsible for large portfolio management of Property Development and Property Management companies through relationship-based sales strategies. The individual will identify, develop and promote sales tactics aimed at securing multiple dwelling unit (MDU) properties, maximizing product/service penetration and increasing revenue. This role will provide end-to-end sales cycle management including prospect identification and qualification, funnel and prospect management, sales forecasting, proposal generation and contract closure.
• Maintain holistic account management through relationship based selling to large portfolios ensuring alignment and understanding within internal Midco teams of customer build plans in order to achieve maximum success.
• Orchestrate internal cross functional team meetings with construction, engineering, field technicians, sales and others to ensure awareness of customer projects and planning.
• Collaborate within and outside departments to find creative solutions to meet customer needs.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the customer’s business and influential ability to sell services and products across an organization
• Identify opportunities and create customized solutions from the selection of products for new and existing clients.
• Prepare accurate estimates and contracts for customers.
• Prospect new customers to increase client base.
• Achieve or exceed defined sales goals (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.).
• Accurately forecast opportunities and performance throughout the year within an average of 15% of month end sales. Utilize CRM systems as required.
• Develop and deliver professional sales presentations to MDU stake holders.
• Secure Right of Entry Agreements.
• Collaborate with other departments to qualify buildings for expansion of cable plant and facilities.
• Work to retain existing clients by providing superior service and support.
• Interpret and address competitive offers and produce innovative, successful counter-offers.
• Coordinate with technical personnel to ensure consistency, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with potential and existing customers.
• Maintain current and accurate documentation for all sales contacts.
• Be able to accurately forecast opportunities and performance throughout the year. Utilize CRM systems as required.
• Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision and values of Midco
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred.
• 3 or more years of experience in MDU sales required including telecommunication/broadband sales.
• Expertise in engaging with a wide variety of clients and functional areas, including executive leadership.
• Experience managing large accounts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
• Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
• In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
• Travel up to 75% of working hours.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.