Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
OPENING DATE: 10/31/2019
CLOSING DATE: 11/15/2019
STARTING DATE: TBD
COMPENSATION: $33,000 + based on directly related experience. May be eligible for a salary increase after six months. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
1. Responsible for assisting the Chief Human Resources Officer and HR Manager with the administrative and operating details of the division.
2. Responsible for providing administrative office support and front-line administrative office services for Human Resources and Payroll.
Administrative Office Support – 65%
1. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the HR/Payroll office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with employees.
2. Provides initial contact and customer service for HR/Payroll, handles or directs phone calls and assists with maintaining general HR/Payroll email account when needed.
3. Keeps the Chief and HR Manager informed and updated on projects, issues, information, etc.
4. Coordinates, manages and prioritizes incoming calls and messages and prepares draft responses for the Chief and HR Manager.
5. Manages and coordinates the Chief’s and the HR Manager’s schedule including appointments, meetings (getting information ready prior to meeting, may include taking notes, etc.), conferences, and prepares Out of State Travel Authorization request, makes travel arrangements—including: travel itinerary, car rental, hotel reservations, meeting/conference information, etc. for HR/Payroll staff.
6. Assists the Chief and the HR Manager with the functions of the department and provides support as needed.
7. Maintains and tracks the budget for the HR/Payroll department—i.e., assists in budget preparation, request for payments (RFPs), purchase card verification, tracks budget transactions, etc.
8. Provides administrative office and backup support for HR/Payroll staff.
9. Conducts research on specific HR issues.
10. Coordinates the duties associated with logging/tracking of sensitive HR issues, harassment, Title IX and ensures incidents reports are prepared in a timely manner.
11. Schedules exit interviews, sends information to supervisor, tracks, prepares, and enters exit checklist information, and posts “employees leaving” on CORE portal HR Blog.
12. Serves on the Administrative Assistants Networking Group committee and other campus committees/sub committees as needed.
HR General Functions – 30%
13. Completes the payroll payment processing function bi-weekly and as needed for off-cycle checks.
14. Coordinates and tracks the performance evaluation process for staff and faculty positions.
15. Performs general office support duties: distributes mail, copying, scanning, proofreading, filing, reports/manuals, travel forms, labels, letters, etc.
16. Assists with updating/maintaining the orientation PowerPoint.
17. Reviews documents in Perceptive Content for proper placement within the HR and Job Opening drawers and acts as the final verification.
18. Assists in the preparation of payroll orders.
19. Assists with posting new employees on the HR blog.
20. Maintains and orders office supplies and coordinates annual inventory process.
21. Researches, analyzes and interprets state and federal HR employment laws, rules, regulations, practices, policies and procedures.
22. Communicates HR related information to employees, conducts research and responds to requests for HR information.
23. Coordinates and tracks telecommuting agreements.
24. Orders business cards and name badges for employees.
25. Maintains the related employees tracking spreadsheet.
26. Performs annual CampusConnection/HRMS cleanup.
27. Acts as the initial point of contract for the YP Network and communicates information to employees.
Miscellaneous Duties – 5%
28. Screens job applications as needed.
29. Assists the Job Opening Coordinator in the adjunct hiring process (outside of local area) by locating and confirming a designated agent.
30. Serves as backup support in the coordination of the job opening/application process, online recruitment system, application files, etc. (i.e. prepares job announcements, sets up interviews, prepares interview questions, updates job descriptions, sends applicant status letters, etc.).
31. Assists with tracking new employee trainings.
32. Supports innovation, creativity and ideas to improve/enhance processes, functions, etc. in the department and as a whole for the college.
33. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Associate degree in related field and two years of administrative office/technical/analytical experience or six years of directly related experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with the employees, students and the public.
• Demonstrated positive customer service skills and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Good organizational skills, analytical skills, accuracy and the ability to attend to details.
• Ability to work independently and make sound judgments.
• Ability to take initiative and follow through on work assignments/projects/reports.
• Well-developed skills with various computer software programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet, electronic calendar and email, etc.) and excellent keyboarding skills.
• Disciplined and able to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience in human resources.
• Experience with the technical/analytical skills in using an information system.
• More than two years of directly related work experience.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
Completed applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on November 15, 2019.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter and resume. Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.
It is generally not BSC's policy to accept a candidate who lacks permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Contact Human Resources at 701-224-5531 or email: email@example.com.