North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
The Department of Public Health (DPH) at North Dakota State University invites applications for a Director of Curriculum and Accreditation/Assistant Professor of Practice. The DPH offers a Master of Public Health (MPH), which is accredited through the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). We currently offer the MPH in four specializations, a dual MPH/PharmD (with the School of Pharmacy), several graduate certificates, and a Public Health minor for undergraduate students.
The primary focus for this position will be the immediate development and growth of the Public Health curriculum at NDSU, in alignment with accreditation requirements. Responsibilities include serving as the primary contact for public health accreditation (includes self-study and annual reporting requirements), conducting all Departmental and University evaluation reports, and managing programmatic change processes through NDSU, NDUS, and the State Board of Higher Education. Additional expectations for this position include but are not limited to, developing and teaching public health courses in both face to face and distance formats, contributing to public health research and scholarship, as well as serving on college and university committees.
Currently, the Department of Public Health has 11 full-time faculty members and 11 research and administrative staff. There are 25-30 MPH students that matriculate each year, with approximately 30% using the distance learning option. The Department of Public Health is located in the College of Health Professions, where it benefits from strong relationships with the School of Nursing and the School of Pharmacy. Additional information about the Department can be found at www.ndsu.edu/publichealth.
screening will begin 12/9/19
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
• Earned PhD in public health or health-related field
• Experience with graduate student recruitment and admissions activities
• Experience with curriculum development in an accredited academic program
• Minimum of 5 years working with CEPH accreditation practices
• Experience with assessment and/or evaluation activities in a University setting
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Experience teaching public health courses in a university setting
• Experience using distance learning technology
• Experience advising graduate students
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
• Administrative and supervisory experience