North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Under the direction of the head coach, the assistant coach will assist in all phases of a NCAA Division I soccer program, including on/off-campus recruiting, assisting with practice and conditioning activities, skill development, scheduling of opponents, film exchange, academic monitoring of student-athletes, public relations, adherence to rules compliance, participation in clinics and summer camps and professional expectations.
NDSU is an EEO/AA-MF/Vet/Disability
• formal letter of application (cover letter)
• names and telephone numbers of three professional references in a separate document attached as “Other Document 1”.
Screening will begin 12/12/19
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years’ experience coaching soccer at a competitive intercollegiate level.
• Strong background in soccer skill analysis and techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully recruit regionally and nationally.
• Commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.
• Experience in motivating players to achieve maximum levels of performance.
• Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, colleagues and the public.
• Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills.
• Commitment to the philosophy of intercollegiate athletics at North Dakota State University and The Summit League.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully train athletes’ individual skill development.
• Evidence of successful participation as an athlete at a competitive level.
• Experience in conducting camps, clinics and tournaments.