Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform sick call duties on a daily basis.
• Perform medication passes.
• Ability to interact with high-risk inmates within the Detention Center on a one on one basis with no Detention officer present.
• Conduct health assessments, lab draws and communicable disease screenings.
• Provides nursing services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive procedures appropriate for inmate care and safety; interprets physicians’ orders; administers prescribed medication; applies surgical dressings and bandages; provides emergency first aid care; checks and records vital signs; instructs inmates concerning discharge planning; observes signs and symptoms during sick call; reports reactions to treatments and medications as well as changes in the inmates’ emotional or physical condition
• Under the supervision of the Jail Nurse Supervisor directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
• Serving as a liaison with medical providers to schedule outside medical appointments regarding the medical care of the inmate populations.
• Assisting in the tracking of equipment and supply needs.
• Maintains accurate medical records of inmates in the Detention Center.
• Respond to emergencies throughout the facility; injury and illness; performs CPR when needed.
• Perform crisis intervention functions, suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior and taking appropriate action.
• Refer to or consult with other health providers in person and on the phone.
• Notify supervisor and complete written report for any medical or security incidents.
• Must be U S Citizen, 18 years of age or older; high school graduate or GED certified.
• Graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing.
• Preference to those who have nursing experience in a correctional facility.
• Must have a current ND RN/LPN unencumbered License.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with no serious traffic violations, no felony or misdemeanor convictions.
BURLEIGH COUNTY DOES NOT HAVE A COVID VACCINE MANDATE