Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Level I: Provide accounting and analytical support in the verification, control and processing of work activities in respective area. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and periodic financial statements, analyses, reports and data requests for management, internal departments and external entities.
Level II/III: Assist in/responsible for the analysis and reporting of financial transactions and statistics for MDU Resources Group, Inc., its utility divisions, and subsidiaries. Assists/conducts in the development and implementation of accounting procedures and systems to assure proper and effective financial reporting and compliance, and provide research and accounting assistance to others. Provide accounting and analytical support in the verification, control and processing of work activities in respective area. Complete the day-to-day activities, calculations, reconciliations and analyses necessary to perform periodic financial accounting closes. Recommend enhancements to accounting policies, procedures and information systems. Assist with compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and to the FERC Chart of Accounts. Responsible for accurate processing of vendor invoices and payments.
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
Level I: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
Level II: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and two years’ related accounting experience.
Level III: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and four years’ related accounting experience, with a minimum of two years’ experience in financial analysis.
• CPA or professional certification desired
• JD Edwards and utility accounting experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexible and willing to learn and/or assist in implementing new ideas and processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of applicable accounting and financial statement preparation methods and requirements (FASB, FERC, and SEC).
• Proficient in personal computer applications with emphasis in spreadsheet and/or accounting software.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of corporate financial data.
• Effective human relations skills in dealing with associates, other departments, operating unit personnel, external auditors, attorneys and consultants.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of financial / accounting impact of invoicing and accounts receivable and/or accounts payable transactions.
• Familiar with FERC Uniform System of Accounts and Company policy and procedures.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com