Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Board of County Commissioners, advises the Board and Department Heads regarding personnel policies, administrative rules, employment laws and labor regulations. Manages all aspects of human resources, payroll, compensation and benefits for County employees and serves as the Risk Manager, EEO officer, ADA and HIPPA coordinator for the County.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in business or public administration, human resources or a closely related field, and five (5) years of comprehensive human resources work experience that included supervision of staff performing human resources tasks.
• Must have thorough knowledge of personnel, workers compensation, and risk management laws, rules and regulations.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have SPHR or PHR accreditation.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have payroll, compensation and/or benefits experience.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, organization, communication (written and verbal), analytical and decision making skills.
• Must be proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet PC software; Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel preferred.
• Ability to handle multiple duties and priorities under limited supervision.
• Applicant may be subject to a post offer civil and criminal background check.