PO Box 6150, Dept 3140
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
This research analyst position will work both independently and collaboratively with individuals in the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis to produce analyses and reports for use by campus stakeholders, and to meet campus data reporting requirements. This position will be responsible for collecting, organizing, and analyzing data resources to generate meaningful summaries and reports.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Identify and utilize data sources.
• Collect and utilize data from various internal and external resources: PeopleSoft (academic and human resources data), IPEDS, National Student Clearinghouse
• Identify and utilize data from other resources as needed
• Manage large datasets using syntax-based statistical software
Plan and conduct studies using appropriate methodologies.
• Plan and conduct studies aligned with campus data needs.
• Effectively manage multiple projects; prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
Organize, analyze, and interpret studies, surveys, and statistics
• Apply and interpret summary and inferential statistics.
Prepare conclusions and reports
• Prepare visual data summaries, including meaningful graphs and charts.
• Prepare written summaries and interpretation of analyses.
• Bachelor’s degree in research-oriented field
• Proficiency with syntax-based software (SAS preferred, other softwares considered)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Experience working with medium-to-large data sets
• Experience with descriptive and inferential statistical analysis
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in SAS software
• Experience with dashboarding software (Tableau, Power BI, or other)
• Experience with education information system software (PeopleSoft, Banner, or other)
• Experience using data, statistics, or business intelligence analyses to inform decision making
• Work experience in higher education