Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Leads and provides diverse services for the company’s NERC cyber assets to ensure compliance with NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) reliability standards. Performs diverse and complex compliance tasks, engineering related tasks, and assignments in support and development of the Company’s NERC compliance efforts.
Level II applies a broad range of skills and techniques to complete work. Requires some direction and takes lead on smaller projects and activities.
Level III leads and manages larger projects and activities. Works independently and requires little direction.
Level II: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science (CIP) or engineering (Ops & Planning) with at least 2 years of utility industry experience or equivalent education and experience.
Level III: Same as Level II except at least 5 years of utility or equivalent industry experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Ability to remain calm and respectful during stressful situations and to work effectively in a team environment.
• Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Strong listening, technical writing, and oral communications skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated individual with the initiative to perform tasks to enhance department productivity both individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software.
• Three years of utility experience including previous experience with NERC CIP programs and activities.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must submit to periodic background checks due to the need for unescorted access to security sensitive business locations and/or systems.
• Subject to on-call requirements on a rotating Basis.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com