North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Fargo , ND
North Dakota State University (NDSU) invites inquiries and applications for a nine (9) month Assistant Professor position in the School of Education with a primary focus on K-12 Educational Leadership to begin August 16, 2020 or as negotiated. The position may be either renewable non-tenure-track or tenure-track depending upon candidate qualifications and interest.
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
• Earned doctorate (completed by the time of employment) in Educational Leadership, Educational Administration, or a closely related field;
• Evidence of effective oral and written communications skills;
• Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with diverse colleagues, students, administrators, and the public;
• Ability to develop a research agenda in an area relevant to K-12 Educational Leadership as appropriate to non-tenure or tenure; and
• Experience in a US K-12 education leadership position at the building, district, regional, or state, or national level.
• Evidence of providing high-quality instruction, advising, and mentoring at the graduate level at the College/University level;
• Evidence of an active program of scholarly inquiry (tenure-track) or evidence of the potential for developing a research agenda (non-tenure-track) in an area relevant to K-12 Educational Leadership;
• Demonstrated ability to advocate for tribal communities and/or other under-served populations; and/or
• The ability to diversify program area faculty in a way that prioritizes, values, and celebrates diversity in all forms and ensure a sense of belonging, respect, and inclusion that supports the success of each member of the community.