North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Assistant Professor of Voice. North Dakota State University’s Challey School of Music invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track Assistant Professor of Voice, beginning August 16, 2020. The new faculty member will teach applied voice as well as related classroom offerings and performance activities to undergraduate, MM, and DMA students; engage in creative activities resulting in successful progress toward tenure and promotion; and fully engage in typical faculty service activities, including contributions to the administration of the area and the Challey School of Music.
Visit https://www.ndsu.edu/music/ for information about our programs. Applicants are invited to note the parallel search for a Musical Theatre specialist in the NDSU Department of Theatre Arts.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission. Full consideration of applications guaranteed through March 1. Open until filled.
Online application materials include a letter of interest specifically addressing this position, a curriculum vitae (and optional shorter résumé), unofficial transcripts, names and contact information (including email addresses) for at least five professional references, and internet links to recent relevant recordings and other material. Additional materials may be requested later.
NDSU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable. Direct inquiries to Vice Provost, Title IX/ADA Coordinator, Old Main 201, 701-231-7708, email@example.com.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
1. Voice type: soprano or mezzo soprano
2. Completed doctorate in music (likely in vocal performance). “ABD” considered for full-time lecturer appointment during degree completion.
3. Demonstrated excellence and success in studio and classroom teaching
4. Demonstrated excellence and success in performance
5. Demonstrated success in working in a collegial and mutually supportive academic, performance, and outreach environment
6. Demonstrated success in or potential for effective student recruitment
7. Excellent written and communication skills
Depending on needs of the Challey School of Music and the successful candidate’s interests and expertise, there will be opportunities to contribute in the following areas:
1. Vocal studies (vocal pedagogy, literature, diction)
2. Musical Theatre (studio voice, producing, conducting, directing)
3. Opera (producing, conducting, directing)
4. Choral activities
5. Other classroom areas