Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for the preparation and project coordination of engineering designs, economic justification and installation of electric distribution systems and specifications for various projects. Effectively works and interacts with regional and field operations. Performs studies and related activities.
Level I Applies basic engineering techniques for entry-level assignments with review and guidance from a higher level.
Level II Applies standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems; moderate guidance and direction is provided and work is normally reviewed from a high level.
Level III Applies a broad range of engineering skills and techniques, leads projects, and provides direction to lower level engineers.
Level I: Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University
Level II: Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and have at least two years related work experience.
Level III: Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and five years of progressively responsible experience and understanding in the energy industry including utility electric operations, maintenance, design, and project management.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Ability to apply engineering principles to the development and design of an electric system.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate, correspond and interact with senior staff/management and field personnel.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated to be able to take the initiative to perform tasks to enhance department productivity.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to provide effective and timely information.
• Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
• Required to maintain a valid driver's license.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com