Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Job Summary: Under supervision of the Board of County Commissioners, performs complex administrative duties directing the accounting and budgetary operations of the County acting as comptroller in charge of revenue and expenditures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field; must be a Certified Public Accountant, and have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position with general knowledge of accounting techniques, laws, and regulations pertaining to governmental accounting practice.
• Must have the ability to design, prepare and present complex budget and computerized accounting systems.
• Must possess excellent communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with County officials and employees, and the general public.
• Must possess computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel. Must have the ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others, and analyze, interpret, and prepare reports and records.
• Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, department policies and procedures.
• Experience in property management of buildings and grounds, and negotiating leases preferred.
Finance Director – Under Fill
If candidates do not meet the above requirements the position may be underfilled with a Finance Director Under Fill
Salary Grade: 16
Starting Pay: $78,769.60 annually
• Minimum qualifications for Finance Director – Under Fill require the same as listed above except:
No Certified Public Accountant certification is required
• Must have the ability to obtain a Certified Public Account certification with in three (3) years of hire.