Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
OPENING DATE: 2/14/2020
CLOSING DATE: 3/27/2020
STARTING DATE: 8/17/2020
COMPENSATION: Nine month full-time tenure track position. Minimum starting salary $45,500, based on experience and education. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsibilities include teaching online and face to face electronic technology courses, conducting electronic technology labs, as well as student advising, record keeping, submitting grades by the established deadline, committee work, and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or the Dean of Current and Emerging Technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Technology
OR Education or Career & Technical Education of University Studies and 3 years non-teaching work related experience
OR associate degree in Electronics Technology with 3 years of non-teaching work related experience
OR certificate in specific discipline area and 5 years in non-teaching work related experience or
OR no degree/certificate and 10 years of non-teaching work related experience.
• Agreement to complete a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field within six years of date of hire (tuition assistance available) if applicant does not possess one.
• Demonstrated content knowledge for subjects/levels being taught.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good computer software skills - Microsoft Office, email and Outlook calendar – and strong internet familiarity.
• Must be able to manage paperwork and have basic computer skills to report student progress, training plans, attendance and have an online presence for courses taught.
• Ability to articulate and support the community college philosophy with a strong commitment to teaching and learning in a community college setting.
• Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
• Ability to work as a team member.
Will be required to obtain North Dakota State Board for Career and Technical Education certification (up to six years to obtain and training is provided). This requires a combination of education and work experience. For more information on CTE certification:
• Appropriate bachelor’s degree.
• Higher education teaching experience in both traditional and online environments.
• Experience with a variety of teaching resources, media and technologies, including computer-aided instruction and/or online instruction technologies.
• Experience with non-traditional teaching methods such as facilitating group work, use of inquiry-based and other active learning pedagogies, and/or contextualized instruction.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
Completed applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on March 27, 2020.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the job opening page (https://bismarckstate.edu/employment/JobOpenings/?all=1). To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Bismarck State College does not provide sponsorships. BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.
For more information or assistance contact: (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
Human Resources at 701-224-5531 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.