Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs inspection of construction projects, prepares required documentation and reports, and supervises materials testing for construction when requested.
• Prepares a variety of maps, plans, and similar drawings for highway construction, using GIS software, AutoCAD and other resources.
• Performs computation of materials needed, earthwork quantities, land survey geometry and other calculations, and tracks costs of projects.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of plans for substantial portions of major projects, and details final plans from preliminary sketches.
• Review plans and estimates for clearing right-of-way needed for highway construction.
• Prepares and reviews property descriptions, clears titles of acquired land for highway improvement purposes.
• Administers road approach program and monitors striping programs.
• High school graduate or GED certified, and completion of two-year highway engineering technician degree, 2-5 years engineering technician related experience, and/or equivalent combination of education & experience.
• Must possess a valid Class D driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Must have thorough knowledge of AutoCAD, GIS software, the instruments, equipment, material, methods, techniques, and practices used in the appropriate specialty.
• Applicant may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.