PO Box 6150, Dept 3140
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute invites applications for the IT Project Manager position in the Department of Transportation Support Center. UGPTI offers an exciting opportunity to pursue research, professional development, and outreach in activities that focus on transportation and application development. The candidate seeking to join us for this position will be involved in a wide range of IT related transportation issues. The position requires working with a team of computer science students and engineers to develop and maintain web based applications, databases, and services for transportation agencies at the state and local level of government. Exceptional communication, organizational and technical skills are essential. This is a full-time benefited position. Specific responsibilities include:
(1) Manage the DOT support Center Information Technology function – Manage software development projects and assign and mentor student computer science staff; develop in accordance with standards; review and improve development processes; research latest software development techniques and products; manage and maintain database and web servers and processes.
(2) Provide mission critical network support and setup for the DOT Support Center’s student engineer design group – Maintain network support and upgrades to CADD workstations; maintain and update software and licenses; and general IT support.
(3) Software Development and Support – Develop system designs and databases for projects; gather user requirements; assist and mentor students on coding and development; test debug and maintain developed applications; administer development tools such as GitHub; manage databases and services in support of applications.
• B.S. in Computer Science
• Educational and/or professional background in application development, database administration, and server administration
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Master of Science degree in Computer Science or related IT field
• Ten years or more of professional experience
• Supervisory skills
• Customer relationship skills