Valley City State University
101 College St SW; Valley City, ND 58072
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Valley City, ND
Dean for School of Education
Position # 00009578
Full-Time, 10.5-month (0.88 FTE)
Valley City State University is seeking a high-energy, innovative leader for its School of Education. The Dean of the School of Education directs the elementary education department, the teacher education program, and distance learning programs in education; as well as representing VCSU in state-wide events and organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Serve as academic and administrative officer for the School of Education
• Lead a faculty of 20+ members and program enrollment of 500+ students in a premier undergraduate teacher education program offered online and on two campuses
• Provide opportunity and leadership for innovative visioning and strategic planning within the School of Education
• Assure high quality instruction in multiple modalities
• Build undergraduate enrollments with an emphasis on cultural diversity
• Maintain successful CAEP accreditation and state program approval
• Manage budgets for the School, and participate in budget development
• Act as liaison to the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board and the North Dakota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
This position is a 10.5 month, full time benefited administrative position. The Dean works full time during the academic year (9 months), typically on campus between 8-4:30 each day. During the remaining three months, the Dean typically works half days, although the work schedule may be flexed to allow for individual needs. This position accrues annual leave and sick leave.
$75,000 - $85,000. Comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid full family coverage for health insurance, TIAA retirement, and tuition waiver benefits. More information available by clicking here.
Preferences given to applications received on or before September 30, 2020 and review of application will continue until the position is filled. Please apply using the online application process available at www.vcsu.edu/jobs. A letter of application, CV, and three recent letters of reference are required. For ND Relay Services go to: http://www.relaynorthdakota.com/. Apply online at www.vcsu.edu/jobs.
VCSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Doctorate in education-related field
• Previous administrative leadership positions in education
• A record of success in developing, implementing, or leading innovative educational activities or programs
• Teaching experience at both K-8 and university level
• Experience working with accreditation
• Experience teaching with multiple delivery modes
• Knowledge of/experience in implementing innovative teaching methodologies
• Demonstrated success in developing or managing collaborative educational programs
• Success in grant writing
• Expertise in personnel management
• Experience in working with state-wide education entities
• Indication of work with diverse populations
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal.
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Margaret Dahlberg, Vice President for Academic Affairs (701-845-7200 or Margaret.email@example.com).