Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
This position provides support services to the Emergency Manager and performs customer service duties, including answering phones, receiving the public, and routine clerical duties, including filing and data processing as needed. Assists and participates in operational readiness activities to include maintaining emergency operation plans.
• Performs receptionist duties to include answering and transferring incoming calls as appropriate and/or taking messages, greeting visitors and providing general information to the public.
• Assists with the preparation of various reports on local and emergency/disaster activities and other administrative records.
• Assists in the coordination of grants, research, and related reporting standards for local, state, and federal programs.
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of agendas and corresponding minutes.
• Assists in promoting emergency preparedness activities, emergency awareness and education programs and completion of reports as required through the ND Department of Emergency Services and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
• Monitors, updates and maintains documentation of department’s policies and procedures.
• Willing to work extended or unpredictable hours during emergency/disaster events as needed.
• Requires an associate degree (or 60 semester hours of college credit) from an accredited college or university validated by transcripts with major coursework in office support, business or office education, and two (2) years of work experience performing a variety of office support, clerical, or secretarial work. Additional work experience performing office support, clerical, or secretarial duties may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Preference will be given to applicants with experience with grants and researching methods and procedures and their associated recordkeeping.
• Must demonstrate skills researching, preparing, writing, and editing official communication documents, proposals and plans.
• Must demonstrate the ability to independently prioritize workload, work under pressure with tight timelines and changing priorities, and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Must demonstrate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint applications) as well as typing and spelling.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, organization, communication (written and verbal), analytical and decision-making skills and be proficient in the use of computers and related technology to include social mediums.
• Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, post offer criminal record check.