Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Provide accounting and analytical support in the verification, control and processing of work activities in respective area. Conducts the development and implementation of accounting procedures and systems to assure proper and effective financial reporting and compliance, and provide research and accounting assistance to others. Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and periodic financial statements, analyses, reports and data requests for management, internal departments and external entities. Completes the day-to-day activities, calculations, reconciliations and analyses necessary to perform periodic financial accounting closes. Coordinates or leads the preparation and administration of the annual capital and O&M budgets, the Operating Plan and the five-year Financial Forecast. Recommends enhancements to accounting policies, procedures and information systems. Assists with compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and to the FERC Chart of Accounts. Applies financial analysis, communications and marketing skills in support of investor relations programs and projects. Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
Level II - Must possess a working knowledge of accounting fundamentals and principles at a level normally acquired through the completion of a four-year degree in accounting or related field & two years' related accounting experience.
Level III - Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field & four years’ related accounting experience, with a minimum of two years’ experience in financial analysis.
Level IV - Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field & six years’ experience in financial analysis and evaluation techniques.
Certified Public Accountant. Advanced knowledge and use of Excel software application. JD Edwards and utility accounting experience.
Key Skills and Compentencies
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexible and willing to learn and/or assist in implementing new ideas and processes.
• Knowledge of applicable accounting and financial statement preparation methods and requirements (FASB, FERC, and SEC).
• Proficient in personal computer applications with emphasis in spreadsheet and/or accounting software.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of financial / accounting impact of invoicing and accounts receivable and/or accounts payable transactions.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills and good human relations skills.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of corporate financial data.
• Familiar with FERC Uniform System of Accounts and Company policy and procedures.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
•Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
•Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com