MDU Resources Group, Inc
1200 W Century Avenue
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Are you looking for a rewarding career that utilizes your analytical, communication, and leadership skills? The Internal Auditor performs reviews for MDU Resources Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries which conduct business in 43 states. This person conducts internal control, operational, and compliance audits of our four business units in the following industries: Electric and Natural Gas Utilities, Natural Gas Pipelines, Construction Materials, and Construction Services.
Candidates are expected to have a high level of ethical, professional, and personal values always operating with integrity following the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. All candidates should be organized, dependable, and trustworthy team players with an analytical aptitude. Successful internal auditors exhibit ownership and accountability for their work, frequently taking initiative to exceed expectations. Internal auditors must have a desire for continuous learning.
Individuals applying for positions beyond entry level are expected to effectively manage resources, projects, and client relationships. Understanding broad operational processes and technical (GAAP) knowledge, including relevant risks and internal controls is required. The successful candidate will have proven skills in developing and utilizing analyses involving large, complex data sets. The ability to foster strong team moral with open dialogue, bringing fun to the workplace will complement our team.
Internal Auditing Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conduct audit interviews
* Analyze data, identify anomalies/trends/risks, and provide usable insight to improve internal controls and operations
* Prepare clear, well-organized and concise work papers.
* Identify and assess areas of significant business risk
* Communicate potential findings, issues, risks, and control deficiencies to relevant parties gaining buy-in on corrective actions
* Draft formal written reports stating the audit conclusions in a clear, concise manner
Internal Auditor I: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, but would consider business administration, economics or other relevant discipline.
Internal Auditor II: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, but would consider business administration, economics or other relevant discipline plus a minimum of two years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting, or related work experience.
Internal Auditor III: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, but would consider business administration, economics or other relevant discipline plus a minimum of four years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting, or related work experience.
Internal Auditor IV: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, but would consider business administration, economics or other relevant discipline plus a minimum six years of experience in public accounting, internal auditing, information technology or related work experience.
Classification/level is dependent on experience.
Certification as an Internal Auditor (CIA), Public Accountant (CPA) Fraud Examiner (CFE), or similar certification is preferred.
May be required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
Travel is required (approximately 10%).
Position location: Bismarck, ND preferred but may consider a remote location in the United States where MDU Resources is currently authorized to do business.
Key Skills & Competencies
* Must possess knowledge of audit procedures and techniques; auditing standards; internal controls; company policies and procedures; rules, regulations and laws applicable to company business activities.
* Good/advanced communications skills (written and oral)
* Knowledge of data analytics practices and controls.
* Interact well with various levels of personnel within and outside company.
* Analyze situations and communicate results.
* Work effectively on own or as part of a team with appropriate/minimal supervision.
* Perform concurrent assignments with appropriate/minimal supervision.
* Maintain confidentially of corporate information.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com